POST: School Admin (full-time, year-round contract, paid holidays)
REPORTING TO: School Director, School Advisor and Head of Teachers
SALARY: To be discussed
HOURS: 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
TO APPLY: Email CV & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE: October 23rd, 2020
INTERVIEWS: October 27 & 28
START DATE: November 2nd
PURPOSE OF THE POST
- To assist with coordinating office and daily communication between our 2 daycare locations
- To assist with school email and social media
- To provide full administrative support to the administration team and teaching staff as required
- To manage “front of house” area – greet all visitors and make them feel welcome
- To arrange internal meetings
- To organize and assist special events
- To project a professional image of the school at all times
· All visitors – prospective students and parents (arranged by appointment)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS WITHIN THE SCHOOL
· School Owner/Director – English, Lao
- Head of Teachers/Admin Tukata Km4 House
- Head of Teachers/ Admin Tukata Thongkang House
- English & French International Teachers
General office administration and front of house duties
- Meet and greet all visitors to the School (Schedule shared between 2 locations)
- Carry out general admin duties e.g. writing letters to parents, preparing invoices, recording payments of school fees.
- Maintain the general email account and responding to queries / directing enquiries as required
- Responding to FB page messages
- Assist in the upkeep of contact records, including student and staff contact information
- Maintaining a clean, tidy and orderly admin office
- Organize monthly staff meetings
- Attend bi-weekly management meetings
- Attend any scheduled parent meetings
- Organize school events such as Parent’s Picnics, End of Year Ceremony, Lao New Year Party, etc.
- Represent Tukata school at outside events as determined by the Director
- Must have own transportation as will share time between 2 school locations
- Native or Near Native English speaker
- Previous experience in working in a school office or daycare setting
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word
- Excellent working knowledge of Google platform, Social Media (FB, Instragram, Twitter)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as team
- Ability to establish good working relations at all levels of the Institution – with students, teachers, and management
- A pleasant manner with visitors
- Calm, friendly personality to work around small children.
- Good organization skills, ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively be flexible to the daily needs of the school
- Familiar with Lao culture and way of working in Laos
- Knowledge of alternative forms of holistic education such as Waldorf.
- Some Lao language would be helpful, but not required.
- Passionate about young child and creative play. Tukata School puts a high value on letting children learn by exploring and play, our staff must be able to nurture creative play.
- Passionate about nature and outdoors. Weather permitting students spend a lot of time outdoors. Must be willing to engage with children and parents during outside time. Also, must promote good environmental practices such as recycling and limiting the use of plastic in the school.
The above serves as a guide and is not exhaustive; staff are expected to undertake other duties and projects as may be reasonably required by the Director in accordance with the grade of the post. Tukata School values your personal and family time, however you will be working as part of a small, friendly, administrative team and may be asked to provide extra support as needed.