Tukata Vientiane is hiring! We are looking for an English teacher to work with preschool aged children. Must enjoy working with children, be creative, outgoing and a team player. Working hours M-F, 7:45am to 12pm. Please email CV to email@example.com
After months of meetings and hard work, we have some exciting news!
2019 will be the 10th Anniversary of Tukata since its original founding. We are quite proud of how our little project has grown over the past 3 years. As many of you know, we are full with a continual waiting list. We like to think it’s due to the standard of care we offer, along with providing a home-like environment, with a beautiful natural play garden and age appropriate learning materials. We also appreciate that now more than ever parents understand the importance of creativity, play and free exploration in early childhood. We thank all you parents very much for supporting our vision.
With this in mind, we have decided to open a 2nd location in nearby Thongkhang Village. We think it’s best if children still feel like they are coming to a real “home”, and therefore we have decided to have 2 small personalized locations instead of moving into a big location. Khamla & I will still be directing both, but we will have a management team including Teacher Panoy and Teacher Lae to ensure the standards and philosophy of Tukata remains the same.
Our expected date to open is May 2018 for Term 4. We will be offering a 10% discount to students enrolling in the new branch for Term 4 May/June/July (Discount is for Term 4 Only)
Also, an exciting addition is that our Thongkhang branch will be able to host children until 6 years old, offering additional age appropriate activities.
We will have an open house for all parents once our Thongkhang house is ready for visitors.
We thank you for your ongoing support. Please welcome to discuss with us any questions you may have.
Khamla & Kelly
In connection with our MUSIC theme this month, we are happy to invite you to enjoy an ‘Angklung’ show that will be performed by the Indonesian Women Community in Vientiane. Angklung is a musical instrument originally from Indonesia, made of bamboo pipes, and played by minimum 8 people. This program is aimed to promote ‘Diversity’ in our school through music and represents the culture of two of our Indonesian students.
English and Indonesian kids’ songs will be played and Indonesian specialty of refreshment will be served during the show.
Location: Tukata's Garden
We are Hiring! - Head of Daycare - Excellent opportunity for English speaking Lao National. (Female preferred) Please contact us for details. Competitive salary. (Lao Version coming, however job requires English)
020 9997 4085
Tukata Jardin D’Enfants is hiring!
Head of Daycare
(English speaking, Lao National only. Female Preferred.)
Do you love working with young children 6 months to 3 years? Can you read/write and speak English? Do you have a love of nature? Then we have the position for you!
We are currently seeking one full-time, experienced teacher (Lao National, Female) to join our team. The qualified candidate will ideally start in June of 2017, however timing is negotiable for the right candidate. You will have a set schedule, Monday-Friday. Qualified applicants must have either teaching certificate or a minimum of 3 years experience teaching in a nursery or kindergarten.
The Head of Daycare is responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and instruction of the children. She will assist to support the nature based Waldorf-Steiner curriculum, which includes activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provides materials and resources for children to explore and use, both in learning activities and in active play. They will oversee Teachers in class activities and ensure all activities are safe and for the enjoyment of the children.
• Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
• Performs other duties as assigned by Directors.
• Accepts responsibility to direct maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds. (Major issues to be discuses with Directors)
• Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis
• Ensures schedules for snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities are followed
• Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Directors
• Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
• Plans with the Director all required events and festivals
• Plans with the Director and the daily schedule using Tukata’s philosophy of Waldorf and Nature based play. (Training provided)
• Helps maintain an attractive, well-kept daycare that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
• Supervises and manages daily functions.
• Communicate with parents of students via Phone/Messenger/Whatsap (School Smartphone provided)
• Must have either Teaching Certificate or a minimum of 3 years of experience teaching .
• Must be able to read/write and speak Intermediate English.
• Must have basic Microsoft Windows skills and be able to use internet.
• Pleasant/friendly attitude and an outgoing personality
• Highly professional and dependable
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
• Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
• Must be able to communicate professionally with parents, especially during drop off and pick up time.
• Make reports to Directors as needed.
• Very Competitive Salary
• Performance Bonus
• Paid School Holidays
• Paid Sick Leave
• Smoke-free Work Environment
• Monday - Friday Work Week
• Ongoing Training Program
Salary based upon experience and qualifications.
00010 Vientiane, Laos
Sabaidee! We wish to introduce to you Mr. Stephane, our new French language teacher. 5 years ago he taught at our school, including managing the school when the Director was on her Maternity leave. He knows our staff and our philosophy of education very well.
He divides his time between Vientiane and Paris. Please say hello when you see him!
Ruth and Alex spent 2 weeks volunteering with our project. The children loved playing games, playing in the sand and reading stories with them. This is their introduction.
My name is Ruth. I'm German and 23 years old. I usually live in Berlin, where I study "landscape using and nature protection". I love being with children. When I was still a teenager, I started to do babysitter-jobs and after I finished school I worked six month as an au pair in Paris, where I took care of two children (5 and 7 years old). I also worked three month as a nanny for a one-year-old boy. One month ago, I left Germany to join my boyfriend on his journey through Asia.
I'm Alexander and 25 years old. I'm from Germany and just finished my bachelor in "industrial engineering". I'm travelling through Asia since February this year and will do my master next year. After seven month on the road it's nice to settle down for a few days and get to know the local culture. As I went to a Waldorf kindergarten and Waldorf school in Berlin, Tukata kindergarten seems like a perfect opportunity to help out and get a new perspective on Rudolf Steiners education system.
All children age 2-6 welcome! (for both enrolled & outside students)
Learn English by play! Let’s read stories, sing songs, make craft and art activities and play in our garden. Lessons will be taught by Kelly, Director of Tukata. (A native English speaker from NY,USA) We provide supervised care and fun English lessons from 9:00am until 11am.
Light healthy snack and fruit juice provided.
Monthly – 500,000 / Per Session – 150,000
Please inquire with our staff for more information!
T: 020 9997 4085
These are some photos from school in Ban Sop Bao village that we will be supporting in Xam Neua. Sure, it is easy took be shocked by the condition, but as a teacher, I see alot of love in this school. The teachers have taken the time and effort to decorate to make beautiful, it is actually very clean. Just because something is not new and shiny doesn't mean it's no good. The love the teachers have shown their students and school building is a big reason we want to help them with supplies and training. #lovelaos #tukata We will be collecting supplies over the next few months along with cash donations. We will be making a delivery for the new school year. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more info or to help!