020 9997 4085
Tukata Jardin D’Enfants is hiring!
Head of Daycare
(English speaking, Lao National only. Female Preferred.)
Do you love working with young children 6 months to 3 years? Can you read/write and speak English? Do you have a love of nature? Then we have the position for you!
We are currently seeking one full-time, experienced teacher (Lao National, Female) to join our team. The qualified candidate will ideally start in June of 2017, however timing is negotiable for the right candidate. You will have a set schedule, Monday-Friday. Qualified applicants must have either teaching certificate or a minimum of 3 years experience teaching in a nursery or kindergarten.
The Head of Daycare is responsible for general classroom management and supervision, which includes the personal care, hygiene, and instruction of the children. She will assist to support the nature based Waldorf-Steiner curriculum, which includes activities for children that stress physical, social, and emotional growth and provides materials and resources for children to explore and use, both in learning activities and in active play. They will oversee Teachers in class activities and ensure all activities are safe and for the enjoyment of the children.
• Maintains a professional personal appearance, attitude, and work behavior at all times
• Performs other duties as assigned by Directors.
• Accepts responsibility to direct maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas, and playgrounds. (Major issues to be discuses with Directors)
• Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis
• Ensures schedules for snacks, meals, naptime, and bathroom activities are followed
• Attends all required staff meetings, workshops, and/or school functions as determined by the Directors
• Observes all rules and regulations pertaining to the health, safety, and care of children
• Plans with the Director all required events and festivals
• Plans with the Director and the daily schedule using Tukata’s philosophy of Waldorf and Nature based play. (Training provided)
• Helps maintain an attractive, well-kept daycare that encourages creativity, exploration, and decision-making by the children
• Supervises and manages daily functions.
• Communicate with parents of students via Phone/Messenger/Whatsap (School Smartphone provided)
• Must have either Teaching Certificate or a minimum of 3 years of experience teaching .
• Must be able to read/write and speak Intermediate English.
• Must have basic Microsoft Windows skills and be able to use internet.
• Pleasant/friendly attitude and an outgoing personality
• Highly professional and dependable
• Excellent communication and problem solving skills, including the ability to maintain composure under stress
• Strong organization skills, able to multi-task, and can manage time to meet frequently changing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Able to interact with students of all ages and skill levels
• Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations
• Must be able to communicate professionally with parents, especially during drop off and pick up time.
• Make reports to Directors as needed.
• Very Competitive Salary
• Performance Bonus
• Paid School Holidays
• Paid Sick Leave
• Smoke-free Work Environment
• Monday - Friday Work Week
• Ongoing Training Program
Salary based upon experience and qualifications.
00010 Vientiane, Laos